Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Facebook and Political Ads

Today while I was on Facebook, I noticed political adverts. This is something I'm not so sure should be on a social networking page, at least for me. I know it's that time of year and particular season but it seems as if the political ads have captured every known ( and some unknown) outlet to get their messages out which are usually negative. What if all political ads were made illegal? What if candidates were made to talk only about the issues and how to solve our problems rather than giving sound bites and slamming the oppositions? I know it will never happen. I guess I should be glad that our cable provider decided to remove one of the major broadcast channels from our list so I have one less station to give their "opinion". Now I just go back to the old fashion way of getting my news...the newspaper from which I can get more information and check up the facts better. I'll vote, but I just wish the political season was six weeks rather than four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment